Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

De-Clutter Part 1

SO...the fastest way for a home schooling mom to de-clutter a house...send out a message that I am having a book sale!

I knew I needed to get rid of books but it was a crazy day of phone calls and knocks at the door.

I decided to sell cheap and give all proceeds to my favorite non-profit...our local pregnancy help center.  I sold over 100 books today and I already have more people coming tomorrow...and yes...I have plenty more books to sell.  I guess if I were ever considered a hoarder it would because of the books we own.  These are just the ones I am willing to part with before we move...we still have an entire library of books we will take with us!  We LOVE books!

I also started taking items to the local thrift store.  I need to move things out of the garage to move the boxes we pack out of the house.  And I have started packing things that we can live without (that is always so funny to say...or type in this case...if we can live with out it...why are we packing it?).

It is really hard to convince our children to pack.  The worst is hearing little Brendan...so confused...but fully understands that we are leaving the only home he knows.  He came to me yesterday and said, "I don't want to move to San Antonio...they don't let you clean or live there!"  It made no sense but in his mind he was not going to like the move.  I feel for him...he has only known Lufkin...he does not realize that there is an adventure out there waiting for us!

So...we take baby steps and will introduce him to the fun we can have...heading that way some time in the near future to see a sneak peak.

But for now...it is back to the grind of packing.


No comments:

Post a Comment