Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Praise God for LIFE!!

I started out this day...tired...not really wanting to make a trip with Michael, Amanda and Christina to look at cars AGAIN!!!  SO...I sent them on their way and tried to work on registering graded papers to our home school program.  Not a fun job but somebody's got to do it!

In between entering papers...I was back and forth in phone calls with Michael.  Mainly this was because Christina was supposed to take her driver's test today...or so we thought...until they arrived at the DPS office and found out that not only do you need an appointment but they were booked up until the END of August!!!  You can imagine...Christina was very upset.  So...trying to help her...I contacted as many DPS offices in the area (especially those along their route to the car dealership...it was two hours away) trying to find one who would have an opening.  No luck!  The only one that took walk-ins refused to give the test today or allow her to make an appointment.  Very frustrating!

They continued on to the dealer...I continued to try to find a solution to the driver test.  I think we might have a solution...only time will tell.

Then the calls started coming in from Michael about cars that were available.  After this back and forth...that even included a 3-way call with my brother....I was getting tired of answering the phone!

SO...when the phone rang again early in the afternoon...imagine my surprise when it was my good friend David Bereit!  I thought he was calling me about our next pro-life campaign for the fall...and I teased him about missing the fun at the Capitol last week (he now lives in Virginia).  He said..."I guess that means you have not heard the news!"  I was a little taken aback...what news?!  Had something gone wrong?

And then...I heard the sweetest words I could have heard..."Michelle, the Planned Parenthood in your town has closed its doors for good!" ...adding to that two other clinics in our area!  I was shaking with excitement!  This was an answered prayer that has been heavy on my heart for almost TEN YEARS!!!!  I could hardly believe it!  He assured me it was true and I could send out the announcement to others soon.

I immediately called Michael...who was still at a car dealership...and had found a car for Amanda by the way!...and he thought something terrible had happened as I was shouting and obviously crying and he could barely understand my gibberish...but I was just so excited!  Then I sent out a message that I had big news....followed by praises to God for this big change in our community.

I did get a few negative responses but for the most part I was enjoying the moment when so many of us were able to come together via the internet to praise God for this victory over the culture of death.  Then I got a message from our local paper asking if they could quote me in a breaking news article about the situation...I agreed to give a statement.  I look forward to seeing this news story in print...a real keeper for my journal!

All I can say at this point is...I am still in shock.  As I said in an email announcing to the numerous prayer warriors in our community...

Many hours of prayer and sacrifice...but in the end God has the victory...we are His prayer warriors and He answered our prayers!

In thanksgiving, I will be going to the clinic tomorrow to sing out my joy to the Lord where I spent so many hours weeping for our community.  I also plan to take a HUGE leap of faith and ask that God provide another miracle for our community.  I will be praying for the building...that is now supporting the culture of death...may one day be used for LIFE!  Jesus said, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done." (Matthew 21:21)

I say God moved a huge mountain from our community today (as well as the clinic that took the lives of many East Texas babies) and I pray He will move the mountains that stand in the way of true choice for the women of East Texas.  We are so blessed to have the Pregnancy Help Center in our community.  I pray that one day that building can be used for this purpose.

May God's will be done...in His time...and may we continue to be patient and prayerful.  We have definitely won a battle today in our community, but the war continues through our state, our nation, and the world.  May we not stop our fight against the principalities and powers of darkness (Ephesians 6:12).

But for now...I hope that you will join me in thanksgiving on this momentous occasion.

God bless to all...and praise God for LIFE!!!!

OH...and Amanda did find a car...purchased it...and was on her way home when the radiator blew!  Such is life...the ups and downs we must all face!  So glad it happened as it did...with Michael there to help and the dealership willing to fix sense it happened so quickly after the sale.  If all goes well, she will be driving it again by next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment