Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Break from the Internet

Sometimes it is nice to have a break from the internet....just take a few days and enjoy life without the constant connection with the WORLD WIDE WEB!!!  Well, it really was not by choice... lightning struck a tree in our yard and must have got our DSL line as well...so we have not been doing a lot on the computer.  Although it was frustrating and still not 100%, it was also kind of nice as well.  We got a lot more done around the house...spent time actually talking with each other...and just generally felt better.  Top this with the lack of electricity last night and it gave us a real sense of what it was like a few years back when life was not so fast paced.

One thing we were able to do yesterday was piece together FOUR quilts in one day.  I had already cut the blocks and then the boys helped me sew.  It was great, especially since we had gotten behind after going on retreat last weekend.

This also gave us time to get back into the school routine without distraction.  The boys are doing well but there are some gaps of learning that we will need to review.  I am hoping this will just be a few reminders of lessons....time will tell.

We even got a very late "Christmas" card and letter sent out to family and friends...that means we took some time to take a family picture.  This is always an adventure!  I still would like to have a professional session done but for now we took out the tripod and set our camera to timer to get our shot.  As I looked over the pictures, I noticed that there is a spot for each of us in the group...if one were removed the family is not the same.  We actually have photos of the family without someone and there is a hole in the picture every time.  We just sort of line up in a certain way and it does not work without everyone there.

I am so thankful for my family...I love each one individually for their strengths and quirks...If you look really close at the photo the personality of each of us comes through but together we are the Reynolds clan...I hate not having us together.  I know one day that will change, but for now I am happy to have the family whole.

To go along with that thought, Edward pointed out to me on Sunday that we take up an entire pew at church!  It reminds me of my youth when my parents and siblings filled the pew.  It is such a good feeling to have us worshiping together!  God is good!

One interesting thing that has come up is the thought of a new family vehicle.  We are seriously thinking about taking on a 12-passenger van!  Scary thought but as the boys get bigger, there just seems to be more need for more room.  We would love to hear from people about their experience with a bigger van.

A lot of adventures coming up in the next few days...looking forward to sharing with you.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment