Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Day After

I woke up this morning with a deep desire to pray.  I again turned to my morning prayer and found myself consoled.  In spite of the results from last night, I do believe that God is in control.

The first Psalm I prayed was Psalm 86..."In the days of distress I will call and surely you will reply....Show me, Lord, your way so that I may walk in your truth."  Then from Psalm 98..."Rejoice at the presence of the Lord for He comes to rule the earth."  And finally, from Job 1:21..."We accept good things from God; and should we not accept evil?"  This was followed by the prayer, "Incline my heart according to your will, O God!"  

I am reminded that God is in control.  God does not send evil into this world...humanity, with the gift of free will, chooses evil over goodness.  Yet, God is the final victor.  

After prayers, I went to my email and found a message from a wise friend.  He wrote (in its entirety because it is such a good message): 

"We don’t serve men… we serve a God in heaven who knew the outcome of this presidential election before the first vote was cast. And we’re living in this particular time for a reason… God wouldn't have put us here in this moment in history if He didn't have a purpose for us.

God knows our hearts and He knows our strongest desire is to save His children from the sin of this nation, but God’s plan for us is not an easy road. If it were easy we wouldn't have been forged in the fire for this great battle. We've been prepared for the days to come and we must be thankful. We need to rejoice because God is the victor – not a politician (Republican or Democrat).

How much sweeter is the victory when every path of escape, but God, has been closed off? When all hope is lost and our enemies surround us – that’s is when our eyes must turn toward heaven and remember where our salvation is assured. 

God in heaven – eternal and undefeated. 

The final vote will be cast by God – and His vote is the only one that matters.

“The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.” – Proverbs 21:1

I thank God for being our strength.  Today I will pray with more purpose.  I will go about my activities with more desire to show God's love.  

I am sending this post out early because we will be home late and I wanted this message to go out.  God bless our nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment