Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

I woke up this morning and prayed for our nation.  I opened my prayer book and read from Psalm 85 which states that God has blessed the land...show us your mercy Lord!  Then I read from Isaiah 26 and read the prayer that to God for "a notion of of firm purpose you [God] will keep in peace"  Ending with Psalm 67 that says, "Let the nations be glad and exult for rule the world with justice."  I was at peace that God would lead our nation in the right path on this  election day.

Now, I am numb as I think of the results of this election.  I think that the best thing to do is go to sleep tonight.  I will wake up in the morning and begin my day as I do every day...praying for our nation and for conversion.  Praying that this nightmare...not because of the election outcome...that has consumed our nation will end.

The feeling of dread as I realize that we really do live in a world that only cares about the next hand out and not how to give a hand.  It breaks my heart to think that there are more people who expect the government to take care of them than responsible adults who learn to take care of themselves.

Then, I go back to the quote above from Psalm 67...God gave us justice...is this what our nation needed?

I close with this thought...May God be merciful to our nation but may He also come down hard on us in punishment if that is what will break our hardened hearts!  I cannot help but think of the days of the OT Israelites and their desire for an earthly king.  God gave them what they asked for by presenting them with Saul and then many others throughout time who often led them astray.  This was not the will of God but His allowing His people to have free will.  Oh, how that will of the people can bring us to our knees!

To God be the glory in all things!  I continue to trust in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment