Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

What are We Going to Do Today?

In our days of 1995 and further, our sweetie pie loved to watch Animaniacs...I think Michael might have had some say in this...The one they loved the most was the two lab mice...Pinky and the Brain, which oftened started out like this:

Pinky:

Gee, Brain. What are we going to do tonight?

The Brain:

The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world!


After yesterday's long day, I could not help but wonder what we were going to do today.  Another early start to get some answers before my chemo treatments started.  I went to talk to Dr. Drengler's nurse first.  I felt very weak and dehydrated so asked for fluids during my treatment day.  This was approved and would add almost two hours to my day.  Then I wanted clarification on my new possible treatment...not sure when I will get that information but she relayed the question to him.  Then I reminded them that I wanted my full records, and I was told it would need to be requested from medical records, so she would work on this too.  


Then I took a wild goose chase through the SCAN center in the same building.  Maybe too much information, but I was given CT scan to mark my body for radiation treatment on February 12.  I was told DO NOT take a shower and remove these markings before the first treatment.  I know this helps them from previous experience with radiation...no big deal as I would probably get in for treatment early the following week.  Well...it was now February 23 and no appointment...I could not stand this awful smell any longer...I had tried sponge baths...that just does not cut it.  Oh and by the way...my hair is falling out again, which would be so much easier if I could take a shower and wash away the worst of the hair loss.  So, after going from one person to the next, I got to the right person.  She said...they were just about to call me in 15 minutes no need to worry as I would be on the Wednesday schedule.  Take a shower...get clean...she obviously could smell my wonderful body stench too!  Haha!  


I made it to my chemo treatment just in time...but slight delay so it was all back to wondering how long the day would really be.  The nurse knew from my chart that I had had a long day yesterday so she got busy getting things started.  It was nice to have the time to get ready for my Bible study...I spent five hours today in the clinic.  I finished my review of the Gospel of Mark just as my treatments ended so good timing.  All was nice as I had driven myself and no need to worry anyone with waiting in the parking lot.  And the hydration really helped...so much that I think I will ask for this on future treatment days.  


Home again to help with last bits of school and order take out...best plan ever and a real treat because we do not do it often.  (Oh! by the way...so thankful for the meal given to us by Marisol and family...she is so sweet to think about us so often!)


I even got to take that much needed shower...I cannot tell you how good it felt...but also my hair loss is in speed mode...even I was shocked by how much hair washed away!  Back to caps until I get time to shave it off again.  A big reveal on that because we have a plan for the family this go around!  Whoop!


Family prayers gave me the following verse to reflect upon after the last two days of treatment...

"We have this confidence in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, we know that what we have asked him for is ours." 1 John 5:  14-15


So pray my friends...I have faith that God's plan will outshine any prayer requests we invoke.  I add to this a little reflection from my Bible Study about those who work in healing ministry...Jesus gives the disciples this lesson in Mark 9...paraphrased from Mary Healy there are three steps to helping a person heal...

1. Ask the person about their issue. 

2. Invite the person o an act of faith in Jesus. 

3. Bring the person to Jesus through prayer (fasting when possible)

And for the one who provides the healing ministry:  

“Persevere with expectant faith even in the face of seeming failure.  God is always the answer and the guide to all healing   Healing and deliverance will bear fruit only through a reliance on God as they bring all needs to the feet of Jesus in prayer. A lesson in humility.” The Gospel of Mark by Mary Healy


Praise God for his healing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment