Total Pageviews

Monday, February 8, 2021

An Ordinary Day

 Well, I made it through the round of chemo...just a little foggy brained and tired.  I really did not have much to report this last week.  A lot of talks with doctors and new radiation planned in the next couple of weeks.  So I spent the week resting and trying to get organized again.  It is amazing how quickly a house get get messy...add to that an entire crew to help make it "lived in"...well, it is just bound to happen.  We spent our weekend finally getting our Christmas decorations back in the attic.  I blame the delay on my desire to reorganize and get rid of things we do not use.  I ordered new containers and it took a MONTH for the organizers to arrive.  So...everything got stuffed in the library until this weekend.  I have determined that once one room goes awry, the rest soon follow...the chaos spread!  


I guess you can say that my cancer has taken on the same type of spread...chaos has run amok in my body.  There is no denying that the cancer has spread from the liver to include the brain all the way down to my knees.  So, I got to think about some things this weekend.  I think that the ordinary has become quite extraordinary.  The day to day life events are more precious.  I am thankful for the funny things the children do and say...the little squabbles are not so important.  


I also had a nice lunch with my Tornado Teen.  I must say that of all the family, he seems to have it together on all of the situation.  We had a good talk about life and God's will.  I am so proud of him and who he is...he is in for many changes as he approaches the end of high school in May.  I told him to seek out God's plan for himself.  Praying for his discernment.  Even in the chaos, life goes on and a mother's concerns for her child never ends.  


Yesterday, I just had these thoughts about living the ordinary life and decided to video a reflection on the liturgical readings.  I think it goes with everything else I am feeling.  Basically, life goes on...one day at a time...and God is good!


I am praying for all of you and so thankful that I have the time to do it on this ordinary day.  God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment