Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

It's My Birthday!!!

I woke up this morning to the pleasant singing, "Happy birthday to Mom!" from my Tornado Teen.  I told him that in all my years he was the first to actually wake me up bringing me breakfast in bed...I usually have to fake sleep!  I had so many thoughts in my head from the day before that I had stayed up reflecting until 2am so I had only had 3 hours of sleep!  But...IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!  So I was ready to start this day!  He also made me exactly what I needed to get me going!


I was off in no time to daily Mass to celebrate the special feast day that accompanies my birthday...The Presentation of the Lord!  And so thankful for Fr. Martin who blessed my candles as it is a tradition on this day.  I quickly proceeded to give my candles to a group of prayer warriors who had attended Mass but I still had leftovers from last year, so God is good to allow me to share.  At the end of Mass I received another blessing even more special from Fr. Martin so all was beautiful and uplifting before heading out to chemo treatment.  


I am not sure how much I have talked about the set up in the chemo treatment room on these posts.  Our clinic is set up with two chemo rooms that are then sectioned off by nurses with half partitioned walls.  Not really set up for privacy but I like it because it is a great way to see all who come with me on this cancer journey.  Some are quiet and sleep but many times we are all sitting around with nothing to do for at least 2-4 hours, so we talk about life and love and whatever.  We also see our nurses and support team in action doing what they do best and loving on all the patience in some way.  Again, so beautiful.  


Well, sometimes things are not so nice and peaceful and this morning was one of those days.  We had a new patient who really needs prayers...God knows who she is and her needs.  But, unfortunately, she came in with negativity and it really brought the entire room to a very low spot.  She demanded to be treated in a way that was not possible due to CDC regulations and she was just not ready to cooperate and even "threatened" to delay treatment until the nurse and the facility could get it together to meet he needs.  It was so hard to watch and really we should not have been a part of this conflict.  I was sad for her because she ended up getting what she wanted (I think) but not what she needed, which was to be surrounded by people who could relate.  It was also be that much harder for the future.  It left all of us just down for quite a while after she left.  


Somehow I just decided the best thing to do was walking around a little but.  I had chose to wear my Wonder Woman cover, so as I walked around the other patients and staff would comment on it.  Which gave me opportunity to say...IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!  And, I am so happy to be celebrating another year full of blessings!!!  I like to think it gave some cheer to the somber mood of the room.  


I had also decided that some time in the beginning of the year I was going to treat the nurses and staff to a special lunch to show my appreciation for all they do...and today was that day...BECAUSE...today IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!  So, as you know from the previous post, I had ordered BBQ from our favorite spot just around the corner and my mom delivered it to the front door for my insider Nurse Cody to pick up.  The nurses were so surprised and thankful!  They would come by and thank me, and I was able to tell them individually how much I appreciate them and that one patient should not discourage them from what they do for all of us!  


My time in the clinic was a short one and I left finding out that I would be in the other chemo room the next day.  Oh crud!  I need to thank them also...time to get creative with that plan soon.  One never knows if word gets around in this small clinic and I do not want the other nurses to think they are not appreciated.  We will see what I come up with by tomorrow!


Back home to see what will be waiting for me.  I must admit some will not be impressed but it really just turned out to be a quiet evening at home.  A simple but lovely meal with family.  Then a night Bible Study I lead with a small group via Zoom to discuss the Gospel of Mark.  Then back with family to enjoy a homemade apple pie made by my mom.  So beautiful!


While we waited for the Bible Study to start, I decided to video a reflection on the feast day.  I had a special guest on my YouTube channel today.  It was nice to remember my BIRTHday with the one who would remember most!  (Click on the link to watch)


Then I fell asleep in peace and feeling the surrounding love that I enjoyed reading all the birthday wishes on Facebook, private messages, texts and emails.  I cannot thank you all enough for your words of blessing, love and support.  God is good!

1 comment:

  1. I'm 55-year-old from Paris, I was diagnosed with second-stage liver cancer following a scheduled examination to monitor liver cirrhosis. I had lost a lot of weight. A CT scan revealed three tumors; one in the center of my liver in damaged tissue and two in healthy portions of my liver. No chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment was prescribed due to my age, the number of liver tumors. One month following my diagnosis I began taking 12 (350 point) Salvestrol supplements per day, commensurate with my body weight. This comprised six Salvestrol Shield (350 point) capsules and six Salvestrol Gold (350 point) capsules, spread through the day by taking two of each capsule after each main meal. This level of Salvestrol supplementation (4,000 points per day) was maintained for four months. In addition, I began a program of breathing exercises, chi exercises, meditation, stretching and stress avoidance. Due to the variety of conditions that I suffered from, I received ongoing medical examinations. Eleven months after commencing Salvestrol supplementation But all invalid so I keep searching for a herbal cure online that how I came across a testimony appreciating Dr Itua on how he cured her HIV/Herpes, I contacted him through email he listed above, Dr Itua sent me his herbal medicine for cancer to drink for two weeks to cure I paid him for the delivering then I received my herbal medicine and drank it for two weeks and I was cured until now I'm all clear of cancer, I will advise you to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. WhatsApps Number...+2348149277967. If you are suffering from Diseases listed below,

    Cancer

    HIV/Aids

    Herpes Virus

    Bladder cancer

    Brain cancer

    Colon-Rectal Cancer

    Breast Cancer

    Prostate Cancer

    Esophageal cancer

    Gallbladder cancer

    Gestational trophoblastic disease

    Head and neck cancer

    Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer

    Kidney cancer

    Leukemia

    Liver cancer

    Lung cancer

    Melanoma

    Mesothelioma

    Multiple myeloma

    Neuroendocrine tumors

    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma

    Oral cancer

    Ovarian cancer

    Sinus cancer

    Skin cancer

    Soft tissue sarcoma

    Spinal cancer

    Stomach cancer

    Testicular cancer

    Throat cancer

    Thyroid Cancer

    Uterine cancer

    Vaginal cancer

    Vulvar cancer

    Hepatitis

    Chronic Illness

    Lupus

    Diabetes

    HPV

    Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete