Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 28, 2021

The Scans Continue Along with Treatments

It has been a little bit of wait again this week as I have to have insurance approval.  However, I am still able to do a few things while I wait.  I met with my radiologist (Dr. Zubyyk) yesterday and she has recommended 10 sessions of radiation to my lower back (L1& L2) which will also include radiation to my spinal fluid.  When I asked her if she saw anything that would cause my chest to hurt, she told me nothing that she could see.  So, we will need to possibly have more scans done.

I also got a call from Dr. Drengler’s nurse. The doctor has asked for me to have more scans done to ensure we know all the places the cancer has spread. So its back to the scan room for me. Tomorrow I will have to have an MRI of my brain. I think it is because Dr. Drengler is concerned about the cancer spreading to the brain since cancer has been found in the spinal fluid. I think this also is the scan Dr. Zubyk was referring to at my appointment yesterday.

I now have the appointments for my chemo treatments for next week. So Monday-Wednesday I will be spending my days in prayer. 

On Monday, I also have a meeting with the neurologist (Dr. Jordan) to determine the cause of my neck pain. Dr. Drengler has suggested I have radiation/chemo induced arthritis, but he wants to be sure that this is correct. So I have been asked to have an x-ray of my neck. Maybe I can discuss my chest pain with him also. 

So, all of this comes with more questions and less answers.  However, I continue to have hope and trust that God is with me. Today I was at Mass and I heard these words,

“Let us hold unwaveringly to our confession that gives us hope, for he who made the promise is trustworthy.” Hebrews 10:23

God is good. He knows the outcome. I will find out the answers soon enough. 

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for your cancer & all of the pain you're suffering. Stage 4is awful!
    I have 2 other friends with breast cancer right now but one has actually completed her chemo. The other one is still in treatment.
    I cannot imagine what you & your family is going through but I will keep you guys in my prayers! ❤

    ReplyDelete