Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Making Choices

 I made the choice to move back to my blog. I was just spending too much time on Facebook and needed to get away from all the negativity. Less stress is always a good idea. 


I made other choices this week to help reduce stress and hopefully make life easier. I still have many other changes to make in the near future. 


Really life is about making choices and seeing what the consequences will be on our lives. 


This week Dr. Drengler made the choice to postpone my chemo treatments. I was surprised but glad he listened to my concerns. But that means more choices had to be made. I have being scheduled for new bone scans. 


The pain has increased today. I tried to stick with low level pain reliever. However, I finally had to bump it up a notch. A choice I really did not want to make but I promised I would not let the pain get out of control like I had done last summer. 


I must admit that I am afraid the cancer has spread again. I pray that I am mistaken. I would really like to be wrong in this one. 


We recently heard a comedian talk about his wife having a brain tumor. He is pretty funny and he jokingly says that he will never be able to win an argument with her again because it is not like he can compare her tumor to his seasonal allergies. Considering our house full of allergy ridden crew, we just had to laugh. 


So, I would love to rack this pain up to seasonal allergies. I would love to go in next week and he say I sneezed too hard during one of my sneezing fits. One never knows. I seem to have another twist on this ride.


I am faithful. But I also trust that God's plan is best. So I must also be realistic. So I went back to the prayer given to us in last night in our devotional  


21

Store up treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor decay destroys, nor thieves break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there also will your heart by be. (Mt 6:20-21)


Where we invest going trust and our hope, we invest our lives. Let us choose to invest in the true source of life, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment