Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 13, 2020

A Light in the Darkness

December 13 (Sunday)...

Life is a funny thing. After my visit with Dr. Drengler last week, I was off the medicine. It took a couple of days to get over that round of chemo. However, by mid-week I was feeling much better. 


But, for anyone who knows our family, we cannot have a quiet uneventful week. 


I took our little miss for a follow up visit for her foot. She will need to remain in her protective shoe until the end of the year. 


After the doctor, I took her to lunch. After our meal, I told her how much I loved her and how proud I was for her handling all the changes of the year. She has grown up so much this year. Then I told her that as much as I loved her, God loved her so much more. I told her that even if I was not with her, God would always be with her. She said, “I know. You are going to be in heaven. But it’s okay because I will be with you again one day.”  Oh!... to live life as a child!  We should all be so sure of the grace God has to offer us. We left the restaurant and just enjoyed the afternoon together. 


That night Michael took our Hankie for a walk. He came back a few minutes later barely able to walk. I figured the dog pulled him and he twisted an ankle. Turns out he tripped over a curb and now has a terrible sprain with crutches for three weeks. 


My mom and I had already made plans to go out of town for a doctor visit the next day. Thankfully the children could fend for themselves. 


So my mom and I left early Thursday morning to make it to our destination to have lunch with some of my friends, Bette Bittner and Kimberly Kocmoud. Then to the doctor and back to Bette’s for the night. We enjoyed a nice dinner joined by her family and Christopher Kocmoud and Heidi Frasier.  They kept saying they had to leave but we talked until midnight. It was so wonderful to have many diverse conversations. 


While I was preparing for the added guests at table, I happened to look in a mirror just right. I thought my face looked a little different. Turns out I lost half of one of my eyebrows!!  Maybe I will lose more but right now I think it looks quite funny!  My mom says it is not noticeable but I think she is just being nice. Haha. 


Then the ride home the next day. We found the family all fared well and enjoyed a restful evening. 


Saturday I was able to help with another retreat. Go to a simple yet beautiful wedding. Visit with Fr Jan who continues to pray for me. Have a late lunch with my former coworker and friend, Odilia. So nice to have such joyful days as these when i am well. 


Today we celebrated the feast of St Lucy. Our little miss was a lovely heralder reminding us to make way for the Lord. She even dressed up for Mass to share with our little church. 


I have found that I am spending more of my days with intentional meaningful conversations. Trying to love a little fuller and ignore the little things. May we all do this just as God intended. 



God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment