Total Pageviews

Friday, October 18, 2013

The Day Before the Big Move

What a day!  We have been so busy!  BUT...first we took the morning to be with our beloved Veterans at the VA Clinic...doing what we love to do most...serve our Veterans coffee, donuts and sandwiches!  We are going to miss them so much...I could not resist the chance to see them one more time in November to celebrate Veteran's Day with them!
Also, I was given the joy of meeting a friend from our church men's group (Knights of Columbus) who let me know that he was just about to call me to find out the directions to our house!  He is coming along with several other men to help us load the moving truck!  I told him I wanted to hug him...I was so relieved and now I can sleep easy tonight knowing we are taken care of for the move!

Then spent the morning just enjoying the veterans...and the other volunteers.

We then took care of the errands around town before heading back to the house to pack some more!  I am surrounded by boxes and furniture from all the rooms in the house!  We have tried to stream line the effort so those helping would not have to work too hard!

I also made chili in the slow cooker for tomorrow.  I have hot dogs that will go in a second slow cooker and sweet & sour meatballs in a third pot.  I have cookies made and LOTS of sodas and water.

The garage is a MESS so I hope we can get to everything that needs to go in the truck.  I have decided to just get the big stuff and worry about the others stuff later.

Meanwhile...Michael has spent the week painting over...burnt orange in the front living room (sage and cream)...flat paint in the kitchen (same color in a semi-gloss for easier cleaning)...pink & purple in the boys' room (cream)...BRIGHT blue in the laundry room (sage and cream)...and over a white wall in Zaira's room (changed it to a light pink).

Time to get some sleep now and have faith that God has this move in His control and stop worrying about the small stuff.  God is so good!  ALL the TIME!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment