Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Holy Spirit of Wisdom

I had a rough day today...but I knew it was coming.  I will not go in to details...I only bring it to this blog because in spite of the hardship, I know God was with me.  I cannot help but think of St. Paul and how he persevered through hardships because of his love of Christ and zeal in spreading the Good News.

Yesterday, I was sent an email with a link to a prayer book meant to help with focused prayer.  It was a simple book..only one page for each day of the week that held a prayer focused on various aspects of weakness.  I set this booklet aside to pray each day; however, I did not have time (so terrible to use that as an excuse) for it this morning.  I decided to take it with me in the hopes that I would be able to pray later in the day.

Just after a crazy morning of bureaucratic red tape that sent me to several government offices around own...and just before the real doozy of the day...I found time for that moment of prayer.  Here is what I read for the focus of the day:

Today I pray for the gift of an open heart.
Loving God, let me not drift into rash judgments and criticisms.
Give me your long view of life.
Let me rejoice in the good and hope for change in the less good.
Today I will practice an open heart towards these beloved children of yours.
Hold them in your love.
I ask for the gift of patience with people who annoy me.
Let me shut my mouth when I am with them and open my ears.
Let me hear their pain and offer healing.
Holy Spirit of wisdom, help me see with the eyes of my heart.

Now...I know that God gave me that message especially today.  I am just thankful that I have next week to try it again.  May God forgive me for not responding as I should and help me to try again.

God is good all the time...all the time God is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment