Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Momma Day!

I was starting to wonder if we were going to celebrate Mother's Day at our house this year.  I woke up and made breakfast and got the boys ready for Mass...and not much was said about it being a special day.  In fact, it was one of those mornings when I was lucky (and graced) enough to get the boys out the door with clothes on...now would be the time to mention that Brendan actually did not make it out the door with shoes on...LOL!

One of the things I struggle with is my 'grown' children not going to Mass with us.  I cannot force them to go and choose to pray fro them to see the importance.  However, I mentioned that it would be nice if I had a pew full of children on Mother's Day.  I must admit I was a little disappointed when we headed down the driveway minus three beautiful young ladies.

I was so surprised that soon after I gathered the boys into our pew I found Amanda, Christina, and Katy dressed in their Sunday best!  I was so happy... the best gift ever!  I really like being able to praise God with all my children surrounding me!  I wish I had a picture but will always have this memory to hold deep in my heart.

Father also spoke of the importance of names and the respect we are to give them.  So he had each of us call the names of our mother during the prayers for continues health.

Then the girls surprised me by taking me to get Chinese take-out.  AND to their surprise...my meal turned out to be free thanks to the generosity of Panda Cafe who had a special for moms!  Very good food at a reasonable price!

Once we had our dinner, I was presented with a wonderful smelling candle that is now set on my desk. I am a sucker for a nice candle.

Then I even had a phone call from Michael.  Along with a phone call to my mom.

It was a great day!  And just because I love my children and think they are all such sweet cuties...I will share my latest group shot of them all...Christina and Katie included because I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment