Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Our Newest Addition

I have been meaning to write this post for a couple of weeks but the transition (along with another round of illness) has kept me from writing what I wanted to send out on my blog.

About three weeks ago, I was asked if we would be willing to take in one of Amanda's friends.  I will not go into a lot of details...not really necessary...but after considering the situation from all angles...we agreed to let her live with us.

SO...here is the introduction to everyone about our newest addition:

Christina...when I think of her...my thoughts go to the beginning scenes from The Sound of Music...The song "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Marie?" is being sung in the background of our home and Christina...just so full of life and curiosity that she does not even realize that she might be causing others stress and worry.  She is a good girl (young woman actually of 18) but sometimes her personality can get her into trouble that she never intends.

I will be quite honest...I have always been fond of Christina.  We have known her for six years and have enjoyed knowing her.  We even took her on a two-month family vacation a few years back when we drove across country and enjoyed the area around Washington DC.

Christina learned right away that if you want to get my attention in a crowded room...Mrs. Reynolds did not work but call out Momma and I turned around quick...so she has always called me Momma...she also tells the other children to do the same.  SO... Momma I am to many children (even those who are not my own!)

So...how DO you solve a problem like Christina?  My solution...give her rules and show her you love her.

and that is what we tried to do...gave her a home and set some boundaries that she could understand.  Her goal is to finish high school and go to college.  We will do our best to help this happen.  Oh...and she would love to get her driver's licence!  I guess we can work on this goal also.

God is good and I know he has a plan.  I hope that we can be a part of this plan for Christina.  I feel so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment