Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Jalapeno Tree!

The boys treated us girls to a dinner after a wonderful Sunday Mass!

I love Divine Mercy Sunday!  It is such a fitting way to end the octave (eight days) of Easter!  And also some of my favorite readings falls on this Sunday.

The first reading from Acts 5:12-16...the story of Peter healing the lame by the touch of his shadow...truly a gift from God to witness to those in view!

Also, a reading from the Gospel of John 20:19-31...the story of doubting Thomas.  It gives me hope to know that those who do not see yet believe are blessed with special graces.  That's us!!!!  WOO-HOO...I need all the graces and blessings I can get!

Then we met at The Jalapeno Tree for a nice meal and lots of fun conversations.  We were seated in the party room, which was awesome because...we felt like we were having a great time just as if we were at a party!

The boys thought the sign on the wall was funny..."Free enchiladas tomorrow!"

We also had so much food leftover AFTER having our fill...we will have good leftovers tomorrow!  So I guess the sign was right!  LOL!

The boys had been given a gift card at Christmas by our dear church friends Larry and Doris.  I am not sure how we held on to it for so long...but I think we have found our new favorite restaurant!

AND...
It looks like we might have a new house guest in the near future...more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment