Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Westward HO!

If you did not read my April Fool's Day post, I encourage to stop and rad that one first.  It really explains a lot about the state of mind I was in just a week ago.  I will tell you that I was frustrated, but also willing to let it all go and give it over to the One who knows better about planning then anyone here on earth.

With that said, it is a funny thing...giving our lives completely over to God.  He finds a way to make it all right...and for myself...it makes me wonder why I cannot just do that the first time I feel my life going out of control.

So...once I gave in to my desire for control...THINGS HAPPENED!!!!!

Michael finally got his military orders for his school in California on Thursday.

Now...to give it all over to God just does not mean we sit back and do nothing...Michael has to leave this Thursday for a road trip across country.  We have a lot of red tape and hoops to jump through to make it possible for the rest of us to go with him.  But the wait is over...now we can take action...we have a goal....sort of...well as close as we can when it comes to these kinds of adventures!

But God did not stop there in helping us move on...so to speak...on Saturday we had a family come to view our house.  By 8 pm that evening we had a signed contract ready to turn in to the title company first thing Monday morning!  It was an offer we could not refuse...just what we had hoped to make off the house and be ready to buy some land to build the home of our dreams when we return.  At least that is the plan...we will see what God has in store for us!

Michael was actually at Holy Saturday Mass with Sean.  Their alleluias were even louder and full of joy!  Praise be to God!!!

Now we know we are packing up our things to move west....actually we will leave that for the military movers to do later in the month.

We hope to have everything completed and on our way west by mid-May.  Sean and Henry already know they have qualified for state contests in June.  They want to stay with my mom and fly out mid-June.

We have a lot to do between each of these dates...so if you do not see me on the blog...you will know that I am running in many directions to make it all happen.

Hopefully...the next blog posts will be about Michael's adventures as he heads west this week.

God is good...all the time!  All the time...God is good!

Thanks for praying for us...please continue to do this as we wander through life one day at a time...seeking God in all that we do!


1 comment:

  1. Wow. I just can't believe I missed all this. I clearly have not been reaching out enough! But I am so glad for the way it all came together for you!

    ReplyDelete