Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Less than 12 Hours

It is hard to believe we have got to this point...the movers arrive tomorrow to pack up our things.  It will be a three-day process and I hope we are ready.

We have less than twelve hours to have strange men come into our house....pack it all up..and ship it across the country.  Is that trust or WHAT!!!!???!!!

Really...no worries...we have been very busy getting it all together...the last big push to get everything where it needs to be...but I had my list and checked it twice.  I have a few last minute things to do in the morning.

The biggest job was getting all the items we need to pack for our trip across country into a separate room.  We are calling this room our "safety room."  Brendan was so funny...he asked why we were keeping those things safe...I told him it was to make sure we had what we needed for the trip...he decided he wanted to put all his stuffed animals and LEGOS in there...we might not have room for him to sit but he wants to take it with him.  We worked out a deal that works for all of us.

The other hard part was food...what to keep out...what the movers will pack...what to do with extra stuff, especially refrigerated items.  I am supposed to have the frig and freezer clean and defrosted before they arrive tomorrow.  That is crazy!!!  I still have another week in the house...I need food to be cold.  SO...I am breaking the rules and hoping they will let me keep the frig until the last day...the worst that can happen...they tell me to get busy cleaning while they pack up the rest of the house.

Even with all the work we had today...we managed to squeeze in a little pool time this evening.  I hope the rest of the week we can enjoy the pool after the movers leave for the day.  It is relaxing after a long day of preparing to move.



So...when all was said and done...the boys, Zaira and I got through the list today and are exhausted...I still have more to do after they all go to sleep...It is going to be a LONG night...but then the worst of it is done.

Unfortunately, we will not have anymore internet...and my computer is being packed...so I will have to keep a journal of our adventures to tell in a couple of weeks.

SIDE NOTE:

As I was preparing for the move this evening...I came across these two reminders of hope and love...I look at it like this...The Army might send us places and we should make the most of it...and enjoy it!  However, through it all...the ups and the downs...Jesus will carry the burden.  I am so thankful for Jesus in my life!  Continue to pray for us...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment