Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Running Around in Circles

I know my last post was a little annoying...I was pretty stressed.

Over the last couple of days, things have settled down again and we are making progress.

The appraiser came mid-week and he asked me to stay and walk around the house.  I shared the various improvements made and he seemed to think the house would appraise as needed.  We spent most of the time talking about children and learning how to speak languages.  Such a joy to talk to him as we walked around the house.

This happened right before we were supposed to head to the library.  The children were all in the car listening to The Silver Chair on CD.  They were content until they realized we were going to be late to story hour.  Today was a big deal because the younger ones were having a celebration of the alphabet.

We finished the appraisal just in time to make to the library.  We had a great time and headed home to try to complete the last of our school work for the semester.




Instead...I ended up on the phone talking to movers.  FINALLY...I had a mover and they wanted to come that day to survey our belongings.  They arrived just before our second trip to the library.  This time we were supposed to meet for a Nature Story Hour.  Again the children waited in the car listening to the book on CD while I walked around the house.

What did I learn from this experience?  We have TOO MUCH STUFF!!!  Did I not say this less than two years ago?  I really need to get this figured out.  It is a good thing I already planned to have a garage sale...which will happen tomorrow with a big community sale.

We got to the second program of the day just in time to learn about butterflies.  We were late but we only missed chasing butterflies around the back parking lot.  The boys do this all the time along with Zaira.

We are going to miss the library so much.  I came home and completed two photo books to give as gifts for Miss Elizabeth (our librarian) and Ranger Craig.  I hope to get them back before we head west.

One thing I thought was sweet and yet sad at the library...I was holding Zaira during story time...it just happened to be by a map of the library.  Michael must have shown this to her because she knew what it was and asked me where she was on the map.  I told her she was at the star (a room on one side of the building) and she thought that was nifty and giggled.  Then she pointed at the other side of the building and said, "That's my Daddy!"   I guess that was her way of saying he was far away.  She really is a Daddy's girl...she misses him so much.  I guess we need to get to California soon.

SO...We spent most of the week sorting through clothes, furniture and books.  I have three "piles" (or should I say rooms) sorted out around the house.

  • Things for the movers to take
  • Things for us to take in van/to my mom's house for older boys
  • Things for the garage sale

These items have been moved around our house multiple times.  It is really crazy to see it all come together.  Edward was learning about kinetic versus potential energy this week...we had plenty of examples of both as we would work...then rest...and back and forth as we completed the various tasks.

I most likely will not be back on line for a while...we pack up on Monday and my computer is going with the movers.  I will try to give an amazing report when we arrive in California.  If I am fortunate to have the time and computer at my mom's I will try to post before we leave.

Please continue to pray for us as we make this change.  God is good and we are certain that there is an amazing plan for this short  move.  I look forward to finding our path.

No comments:

Post a Comment