Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Quince

March 16

I thought it was interesting that I should see a young lady dressed in her beautiful quinceneria dress yesterday.  It was hard not to think about my own 15 year old and how much he has grown up.

When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday (We always serve special meals and enjoy activities that are important to the birthday person.), he told me he wanted to keep things simple.  He wanted a simple omelet with hash browns with a cup of coffee.  He wanted pizza for lunch and bratwurst for dinner.

For his birthday presents, he had an interesting idea...he wanted to go to a flea market and hunt for hidden treasures!  He had seen a show (Flea Market Flip) that took flea market picks and turned them into different functional items to sell.  He wanted to try his luck at this endeavor.  I figured it would be fun so we are planning a trip soon.

The boys had also saved up their own money and made a special order of LEGOs to celebrate the big day!  The order would not come for another week but the smiles on their faces was worth the fun of helping them place their order.

Henry was so surprised to find a special birthday card in the mail from his GREAT aunt Peggie.  She sent him a dollar for every year!  Definitely something to put a smile on his face!



To end the day, I asked Henry what dessert he wanted for his celebration.  His answer...let's go pick up milkshakes at Sonic!  He makes it so easy to please!

So thankful for him in my life!  Having my children reminds me how thankful I need to be for the individual creations that God has placed in my life.  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment