Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sacrifices On the Journey

I forgot to mention yesterday that one part of Lent is finding something to give up for Lent.  Most people think of the sweets or caffeine...all great efforts in cleansing the body.  However, we like to choose things that we can replace with a better choice.

For instance, Edward gave up electronics...he is going to spend thirty minutes each day reading his Bible to replace the time he would have spent playing games.  I gave up Facebook and every time I think of going to the site, I plan on praying for my family and friends along with a Hail Mary.  Each of us picked a similar sacrifice.

Our saint dolls continue to take form.  We have increased production as we learn to perfect the techniques.  Henry is much better at this than I am...he has completed 18 dolls!  I am pleased with my ability to ALMOST complete 12 of mine.  I have to add details tomorrow.

It is nice to take time to pray as I paint.  I love thinking about Mother Teresa and all the good that she did in her life.  However, it is also nice to look at her struggles and know that she had faith and trust in God.

Mother Teresa fact:

She did not begin her ministry with the poor until she was 38 years old.  She saw a poor man begging for assistance and she could not help but believe that he was God calling out to her to help the poor and dying.  She worked alone for almost twenty years!

Fact about Maximilian Kolbe:

By the time he was 28 years old, he was printing a monthly review (The Knight of Immaculate) with a circulation of over 5000.  He wanted to "illuminate the truth and show the true way to happiness."  Within five years its circulation reached over 750,000!

I am also helping to organize a gathering of the participants for a Pretzel Party.  At this party we will either collect the finished dolls or distribute the final sets.  We are working out the details.

Also, our family began a special Lenten Adventure that we have enjoyed the last couple of years.  A family produces videos and shares prayers and activities for each day of Lent via the internet.  This can be found by looking up Holy Heroes...a great way to incorporate the fullness of Lent as a family!



No comments:

Post a Comment