Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Week Without Henry

At Christmas, Henry came up with this amazing plan!  He would spend a week of his break with Gramma!  We did not have school and he was bored...it sounded like a great idea to him.  But, I held back because we had our traditional way of celebrating and I wanted to hold on to him through the season.  However, I promised that we would look at the school year and pick a better time for him to have his week away!

The opportune time came about two weeks ago when we were at the end of our second quarter of school.  He had completed his assignments a week early and off he went without a look back!

Why does it feel like my little bird has flown the nest?  LOL!

Really, it is just so hard to let our children go sometimes.  I often tell people that I am a jealous mom...I want to be there for all their life events.  I guess I have a hard time sharing even with my own mother.  But, it is also a good feeling to know that they have the confidence to head out "on their own," even if it is only to see Gramma.

I might have been a little tight with the apron strings because Henry is my worker bee.  He is always there to get his chores done and assist me with the little ones.  After giving it a lot of thought, I think I have come to appreciate his ability to get the job done.  His absence brought that to full fruition.  I need to tell him how much I appreciate him for this.

As for his trip to Gramma's...it sounds like he really enjoyed staying up late...sleeping in later...and eating at any time day or night!

He also was given an opportunity to visit a ranch for a photo op.  I am not sure how many pictures he took but I will try to share a few.

Then he spent a lot of his awake time playing cards with Gramma and her friends.

Most of all, I think he just liked the quiet and the lack of chaos on the home front!

I am glad he had the opportunity.  We survived and lived to tell about our adventures in chaos and he came home with a surprise!

His Uncle Root Beer is cleaning out his garage and wants to know if we can fit a LARGE lathe (the size of a dining room table!) and a table saw into the back of my minivan!  Henry thinks he hit the jackpot!  I just laugh and tell Henry that we will just have to figure it out!

Oh the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment