Total Pageviews

Monday, February 23, 2015

Sacrifice

Many devotionals of Lent discuss the idea of sacrifice.

I know that this is important as Jesus sacrificed all for us on Good Friday.  He showed that the benefit far out reached any pain or suffering that the sacrifice caused when he was resurrected on Easter Sunday!

The same is true of our own sacrifices.  Part of a true sacrifice is not desiring any thin in return and not being prideful in the action.

Today, I placed myself in the shoes of Jesus.  I have sacrificed my time in the effort to help women in difficult crisis pregnancies.  I give one day from my "weekend" to counsel with women who are struggling.  I enjoy this time talking with the women and assisting them in any way I can.

However, sometimes...no matter how much sacrifice...I am not in control (This goes back to that patience and trust in God's plan.)  It is the decision of the woman to choose.  It is hard to see a woman choose to end a pregnancy.  There is a feeling of sadness...regret...wondering if I did all that I could to assist her.

I suppose Jesus feels this way when He has given everything and we avoid his grace.  He is also saddened.  He has to watch us sin and turn away from that sacrifice.

It hurts...I will not forget the face...the hardened heart to my words of encouragement to choose life.

I only have the words..."the situation is taken care of" running through my mind.

I can only beg God to wipe the memory from my mind...tell me what to do for the next time...regroup and be ready for the next time.  AND...most of all pray that the woman finds healing.  I know that she is numbed of this pain at this time.  I pray that she will have someone to turn to when she is in need.

Then I felt a desire to go out in the cold and place myself before the clinic that she probably went to for "help."  I prayed at the Planned Parenthood for two hours...begging God in prayer to turn the women away.  Asking all around to "be silent no more."  I actually began humming a song that was not familiar to me as I prayed and felt a calm over me...then the words came to me that I do not recall fully now that I am home.  But the idea was to save us from the harm of abortion and our sins of all kinds.  I felt the theme of sacrifice of ourselves in order to profess the truth of abortion...to be silent no more when babies and women are hurting.  We must find a way to help them and help them turn away.  I guess it was just meant for that moment because when my time at prayer was complete, I could not remember the words.

May God bless those who are hurting that they may find healing.  May God bless all those who stand in prayer before the abortion clinics so they do not mind the sacrifice, regardless if it comes in the form of bad weather, personal affliction, illness, etc.

As I continue to work on my saint dolls, I cannot forget that Mother Teresa was always prepared to hear God's message.  She was willing to sacrifice...to share love...to be patient.  I pray that I can learn from her example.

Today I finally tried to paint a face...but not on my Mother Teresa dolls.  I created a Immaculate Heart of Mary doll (as I had an extra peg doll).  I think she turned out nice.  Henry is going to match this with a Sacred Heart of Jesus.  Now I am convinced I can finish this project soon.  So exciting to see the transformation of the little wooden pegs into saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment