Total Pageviews

Monday, October 8, 2012

Typical Monday

Not a lot of news today...it really was a typical Monday for us.  We had school in the morning (and for some in the afternoon).  We did manage to do an interesting science experiment to show the polarity of molecules.  The boys created a cup that would drain through the bottom and held a comb under the steady stream of liquid that was poured into the cup.  The idea was to try this with water and oil.  he comb was rubbed on their hair to create a charge.  To their surprise, when the water was poured beside the comb, the water looked bent! They later tried this with oil to no effect.  The reason being, the water charge was attracted to the charge on the comb.  It was a neat effect that did not occur with the oil.  A great way to show polarity of molecules!

I then took Sean to speech (arriving just in time!).  While he worked with his therapist, the other boys and I sorted through my growing (no pun intended!) plant specimen collection.  I am trying so hard to gather all of the plants in our 4H contest so I can really understand them.  So today I sorted them into a large sketch pad for pressing.  I still have a few that just do not seem to grow around our wooded areas, so I will need to ask around to find some.

Then we were racing to spend the afternoon in a pumpkin patch for 4H photography group.  This was a lot of fun and the boys helped teach me about our camera features.  I never thought it would be possible to have a camera take a picture if it detected a smile...but our camera can do that...and it worked!

Pray for me to be able to make it to get a new battery soon...the car needed to be jump started again today after the photography meeting.  Other than that, it was a good day.  And for those who read my post yesterday, please continue to pray for Margie...her recovery will be long and we continue to wait for understanding of the full extent of her injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment