Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Crazy Thursday

Once a month we have our crazy Thursday.  I am not sure how it happens exactly but on the day of our monthly 4H club meeting we always end up having a lot of things to do.  That was how it ended up today.

We began our day with a simple breakfast of biscuits and gravy.  This turned out to be a big mess that ended with only biscuits!  So, what I thought was going to be a calm and easy going start to the day turned into a big mess to clean up and a race to get out the door!

We were off for another round at the dentist.  I know...eventually we must be able to get out of that dental chair!  Today was Sean's return visit.  I was told he had one cavity that needed to be fixed.  Sean told me that he was told their were no cavities.  Since I did not take him to the dentist I just assumed Michael knew what was wrong, but I guess I should have asked more questions.

You see, Sean has had a lot of trouble keeping his top front teeth.  He fell and busted these teeth soon after his adult teeth emerged (around 8 years old).  He has since had them replaced several times.  So, after several falls and many dollars later, I told Sean that I would not have his teeth fixed again until he was older (and hopefully more stable in his walking).

Imagine my surprise when he came out of the dental chair with his teeth straight and beautiful without any chips!  I do not know who was more proud...the dentist or Sean!  I was glad that he had it done but also concerned because the fall is bound to happen...please let him not hurt these teeth again!

The dentist also pointed out that he would need a root canal done on one of these teeth.  We have known this for some time but we were told to wait until he matured.  This time it looks like we will need to do something to avoid an infection.  Yet another trip to the dentist, but I am going to at least wait until Michael gets home.  I still have Brendan's big dental trip to come later this month.

By the way, Brendan was so cute!  He was fine at the dentist office in the waiting room.  I guess he thought he would eventually be able to go back to see the dentist.  He was very surprised when he was not called to the back.  He told me that he needed his "dentist moment!"  So silly!  I just hop he feels this way AFTER these root canals happen.

We rushed back home only long enough to grab a bite to eat for lunch before heading out again.  We got back into town just in time for our hour of pray at the Planned Parenthood vigil site.  These 40 days will be over before I know it so I do not want to miss an opportunity to go out and pray.  I am so pleased to hear that there have already been over 80 babies saved in the first week!  Praise God!  We had our singing books again today.  The boys did a great job, and we even had a solo from Edward.  I wish we had a video of his sweet voice!

We then began the afternoon and evening 4H events.  All of this went well and is detailed in the other blog.  We had an egg workshop and our monthly meeting.  We then left the meeting early to attend a hamburger supper at the zoo.

This supper is an annual event for members.  The boys always enjoy eating dinner with the wild animals....hmmmm...maybe they feel more at home there!  LOL...just joking!

Zaira had never been to the zoo so the strange noises was very fun for her.  She was a little confused but she was smiling the entire time.  She even got her picture taken with the parrots, peacocks and an alligator (named Charlie).

The boys got to go around the zoo trying to solve a treasure map that was set up with different bats.  Fun was had by all, but it was time to go home after the long day.  I am so glad we did not have a messy house to come home.  I was able to get all the boys into bed soon after we got home. A nice way to end another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment