Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 15, 2021

No News is Not Always Good News

Sorry, folks!  I have had a long week of second guessing everything!  I have also spent most of my week being sick from one end or the other...I know, lovely thought!  Mainly, I have been resting in between doctor visits and scans. I am still going to one more set of scans tomorrow. 


Dr. Drengler did not have any new information for me on Monday. I continued with my second round of immunotherapy and my Zometa (bone strengthening medication) infusions. He determined a full bone scan was needed to determine the pain I was having in my right side. He could not see any reason for the pain from the previous scans. 


So off to the scan room again on Wednesday. No problems with that scan as I was able to go to my favorite location with the newest technology and great staff. I even had time in between contrast injection and scan to enjoy the cooler weather. Granted it was done while sitting in the parking lot because even small trips in the vehicle causes my nausea to increase out of control. I used the time to study my class notes for my upcoming class on liturgy. Yeah... I am a little crazy but I love teaching the faith and look forward to teaching this class. I just pray my nausea does not cause me issues this Saturday morning. 


Today, I heard back from Dr. Drengler that the bone scan showed new areas of bone lesions. I now have cancer in my ribs on both sides. I also have cancer in my right hip and two new areas on the left side of my neck. I think I have now covered all the bones in my upper body and a few spots in the lower areas too. What fun this cancer is having!!!  


I will now have more radiation treatments scheduled for the near future. I am sure it will take more meetings with doctors and authorization from insurance. It will take a few days to organize this plan. I also am waiting to hear back from radiologist for my liver treatment. I am not sure when this will happen. 


Tomorrow I will have a new MRI of my spine. I think Dr. Drengler is concerned that the cancer is still an issue in my spine and spinal fluid. I will find out these results on Monday. After the MRI, I am supposed to race over in time for a hydration boost in hopes it relieves some of the nausea and diarrhea. 


I will tell you... I am tired. The weariness is getting to me and not having the ability to get up  and do things. I know the best option is to let my body rest but it is not in my nature. 


Please pray for me to be patient with my body. Pray for healing.  


Fr. Martin was so kind and anointed me on Tuesday when I went to Mass. Such a blessing!  He also told me that we should focus on one person who is thought to be a saint in need of a miracle attributed to their cause for canonization. So our family sat down and read about several options. We choice to ask Ruth Pakaluk to intercede in my behalf for complete healing of my cancer. Just a quick click on her name will take you to an information page and an intercessory prayer. I hope you will join our family in prayer for this cause. 


God bless you all!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment