Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Much to be Thankful For

The evening of Thanksgiving
And all through the house
Not a child is stirring
Thanks be to God!
Now I have time
To look back at the day
To give God that moment
That I strived to set aside

I am thankful for
the breath I breathe
Each and every moment
Though I take it for granted
Most of all of these things
To be in a place where
I am at peace to love God
Without worry of what people think

I am thankful for
My husband that God gave me
He provides for our needs
And is a great father too
God has blessed us many years
And I pray there are many more
That we are stronger
By the grace of God to see us through.

I am thankful for
My family past and present
For parents who loved me
Showed me the way
So I could continue
Their teachings at home
With my own little ones
That I now raise

I am thankful for
Others that came to our home
We were blessed to open our door
And share a break from our stress
Laugh a little and then
Enjoy a good meal
Great conversation
And a round of games too.

So I go to sleep tonight
I take a deep breath
And hope that this is not
The only day through the year
When I can stop and remember
All of these things and more
That make me thankful
For the God I adore!



No comments:

Post a Comment