Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Special Day for Mom

I love spending time with my mom...today was a special day as we celebrated her birthday...as I wrote on my Facebook post...my mom is pretty awesome!...the most amazing mother who raised five boys and a girl of her own (with Dad's help of course!)...took in two more children...helped (and continues to help) un-numbered others in her life as the neighborhood mom....nurse...and friend...She does not mind telling you like it is to help you do your best! She is talented and can cook for two but especially loves to cook for a crowd....

But not today....today we are going to take care of her! Heading to my mom's house to serve her a lasagna dinner with all our crew and Adrian's family and Kendall...her other children are there in spirit...hoping we can have more of us together for the next time! God bless you, Mom on your special day and many more to come!

So...we left right after I posted this and arrived in time to set up the lasagna and pies...Adrian and his family (minus Alex :( ) arrived with the salad and bread.

I had told my mom we would be having a carrot cake for dessert...knowing that she LOVES pies and as she says...no one ever makes me pies (but hers are so good!).  I arrived to find that my mom...always considerate to other's taste...had made brownies for Kasey and Alex.  She was so surprised that the children and I had made SIX pies...pumpkin, lemon, apple crumb, chocolate and coconut cream (her favorite!)!

We enjoyed the meal and the pies...then we surprised her with her gift...a ceiling fan that she has been hoping to save up to purchase for her dining room...not your typical fan...very pretty and concealed to avoid being so obvious since it was being placed in the dining room.  Michael had the joy of setting it up, along with another light that we planned to change.

After all the food and work, we also had time to play a game of cards before heading home.  It was so fun to see my mom smile so much...I think she was pleased!  Another great day in our part of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment