Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Praise be to God!

I have watched many posts over the last few weeks about all the things people are thankful for in their lives.  Many touching remarks have been said and I am sure I could say many of the same things.  But I am not.  LOL!

Instead, I thought I would add a twist to the traditional list of things that I am thankful for this year.

I am most thankful for a loving God who watches down on me and places His hand on me every day.  He forgives me for my shortcomings and made me His child regardless.  I would not BE if it were not for His creation.  He lets me stumble in my humanity and picks me up when I cry out to Him.  He waits patiently while I try to do it myself and smiles with arms out stretched when I finally realize I cannot do it alone.  He has given me every thing else that I am thankful for in this world...and he is waiting for the day to bring me home when my days here are over.

I am thankful for my Mom who helped raise me with my Dad and stayed close in spite of not always agreeing with everything I say...is willing to let me be the person I am.

I am thankful for my brothers who do not always see me for more than the "Church Lady" but still loves me because I am family...and well...who else will be there in the end but family and friends!

I am thankful for my husband who loves me almost unconditionally...even when I get upset for silly things...like pumping the gas pump ONE CENT over the dollar or eating the left overs that we were going to have for dinner!  He is so patient with my temper that I continue to work on but lose so often.  He has been there for me and I have been there for him for over twenty years!  Praise God!

For my children, I am thankful that they know that my bark is worse than my bite and they know that I love them very much!  I often tell them "I am just a first time Momma and they need to be patient with me while I figure it out!"  So glad that they are forgiving and still give me hugs at night...even after a bad day!  I cannot imagine life without any of my blessings...those that I birthed and those that entered my life by surprise as I try to be a surrogate to them.

To all my many friends in all the strange places where God has planted us.  I cannot imagine being able to move without knowing that God is going to find the perfect friends I need in the next place.  There have been those that I have known a life time and those that I cannot even remember your name (I guess I am getting old!), but you know who you are and I love each and every one of you for being there for me!  Many of you have listened to me get angry and helped me when I cried...stood beside me during many good times and bad...I am forever thankful God placed you in my path.

I am thankful for the women and men in my ministry that I have been blessed to help.  I am blessed to have a calling to help others find my most grateful gift of faith.  I know God uses me to help others and I am humbled and overjoyed to see Him work through me.

May each of my days in this next year be spent remembering these blessings and be grateful not just one day of the year but every day.

To God be the glory in all things!


No comments:

Post a Comment