Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 14, 2016

On to Salt Lake City Via Idaho!

A quick rest in the hotel and then we were off on our second day of adventure.  We would make our way through three states ending in Salt Lake City before the day's end.

I am not sure what happened to me, but as we began to drive across Nevada with the sun rising above the mountains, I just felt a sense of awe...God's creation is so amazing and beautiful...so diverse!  I began singing his praises and glorifying his creation.  We were far away from anything man-made and it was truly inspiring!  I was to the point of tears and I do not exaggerate!  Pictures do not do it justice!




One place we did not have time to stop along the way was Thunder Mountain.  We do not know the full story but it looked interesting from the road side view. There were also wildlife and plants to see.





We entered into Utah just long enough to cross up into Idaho.  We noticed a sign for our first goal and chose to take this "scenic" route.  Although it was quite scenic, the roads were not paved and at times winding hills that made me beg for a highway.  However, the wildlife kept us busy along the way.







Thankfully, there was no snow...our Little Miss kept a look out for us and we made it (although a lot later than planned) to...




City of Rocks NP (Idaho)

I will admit, we knew little about this park when we made our way into Idaho.  However, we were determined to make a stop in Idaho (especially Sean) so this was the place that was not covered in snow and close to Salt Lake City, which is where we would be staying for the night.

Surprisingly, it was a great park to visit...the boys had a great time climbing the rocks and there were some easier ones for Zaira also.  The only set back was the muddy places that everyone (including the dog) had to find...we had a mess to clean but it was all good fun!




We discovered writing on the rocks from settlers and natives.  There were petroglyphs and rocks that resembled objects for those with a good imagination.



A rock snake?

Bowling ball

Elephant



Gorilla

Old Lady

Pheasant


Once we were following the nice roads again, it was easy to reflect on how easy it was for us today.  I I also enjoyed seeing some earlier forms of conveyances along the route to help me appreciate our packed van.  


Little Miss could not resist a picture with this one!

Reminded me of a truck my dad had when we were young
We drove toward Utah once again and had the joy of a rainbow to lead us into Salt Lake City.



After dinner and a little time to settle into our hotel room, my Uncle Phil (had not seen him since I was 4 years old!) came by to visit us.  The plan was to meet him again the next day to talk about family history.  I am looking forward to learning more about my family as he has a lot of the family history recorded.



No comments:

Post a Comment