Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2016

It's Bluebonnet Time!

When we arrived in California last year, it was right after bluebonnet season in Texas.  We have only missed this annual photo opportunity while we lived in Germany (two years 1998 and 1999) over the last 24 years!

So when this time of year came around...and all of our friends were posting their bluebonnet pictures...I must say we were feeling a little home sick!  We knew we would not be home in time to see the seas of blue from our favorite flower!

However, I began to have a glimpse of hope as we began seeing these flowers popping up along the trails and even the beaches here.  The ones here are often more of a bush then a single flower.  However, there is no comparison to what we see along the road sides and country meadows of Texas, It still made me get excited that we might have ANY bluebonnet pictures for the children.  Here are some of my meager attempts over the last month...







However, I just about wrecked the van the other day (hyperbole, I assure you!) when I saw an amazing patch of bluebonnets along the side of the road!  Unfortunately, they were behind a barbed wire fence ...and not the nice country road kind of fence...I am talking prison fence!  I am sure these flowers are valuable but that much security?...I am not so sure it was needed!  LOL!

But I now knew that it was possible to find larger patches...I began the hunt everywhere we went!  This weekend I finally found a bluebonnet patch that would work!  YAY!!!  We would have our bluebonnet pictures after all!  Here are our photos for 2016...













We had a great time and I think everyone was happy to not miss out on the photo opportunity.  Of course, we know they will be even better next year when we are back home in TEXAS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment