Total Pageviews

Friday, December 19, 2014

O Lord and Ruler

O, Lord of Might!  We hear from high!  Do you hear it?  That is the sound coming down through the ages for the Messiah.  Did you know that some people are still calling out for the Messiah?  Not just the Jews, but many Gentiles are still looking for a Savior in their lives.  Will you help someone this season to know Christ?  The message comes from God to all His people, the message comes in many forms.

We had a day of baking so I could keep my mind focused on something else...Why?...Because I had a secret!  We made three different types of cookies and I even let the boys watch Netflix into the evening.

I told them that I had something to show them but I was not sure when it was going to be ready.  We were in the middle of a TV drama when the doorbell rang!

SURPRISE!  Christina and husband Shane arrived for the holidays.  They are fortunate to have a long leave for the Christmas season.  They will be staying with us for the next couple of days before heading to East Texas to visit family.  Then they will return for a couple of days next week before heading home.  I was so excited for them to be here and knew it would be a fun surprise for everyone!

We ended up staying awake way past bed time but it was worth it.  And, Shane even read to the boys for bedtime...an added treat!

We added an angel to our LEGO figures.  It was a perfect addition as we also talked about the special messengers in the Christmas story.  We also added presents to the nativity scene to remind us that this is a time of giving.

I read a book about Christmas told by an angel...Bright Christmas:  An Angel Remembers.  I love it when I can read a book that relates to the lesson of the day!

It was great day of excitement!  Looking forward to the days ahead as we continue to prepare for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment