Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Where Does the Time Go?

Two weeks ago, I planned to write a blog about Sean's birthday...we had a lot of fun!  Unfortunately, the time has just slipped away from me!  So...I decided to combine a couple of events that just prove my point that time goes by too quickly!

First, Sean just turned SEVENTEEN years old!!!  It seems like yesterday I was bringing home this roly-poly little bundle of joy from the hospital!  He was all smiles and curls, which I know is hard to believe for most who know him now.

We decided to dub this birthday his peach fuzz celebration.  Michael started off the morning (after breakfast in bed, of course) with a lesson in shaving!  Sean was getting quite the mustache albeit blonde and not very noticeable.  Michael thought he could use the skill and pulled out the necessary regalia to teach the lesson.  I even have pictures of his first shave!

We later celebrated with a grilled dinner that ended with grilled peaches over angel food cake and topped with ice cream!  However, we had to do some gross boy stuff first!

That's right...we spent the afternoon at our new museum find...Witte in San Antonio is so much fun.  They happened to have a really awesome exhibit about the 'impolite science' of the human body.  I wrote a little bit about this exhibit in my last post.  Let me just say, I was glad we had the chance to enjoy this with Michael or we would not have stayed long.  It was really a guy kind of fun...Mom just does not get it!

Then after a few days, we were able to find a good deal on a new mountain style bike for him  Thankfully, he realizes he is not quite ready for the four-wheeled variety of vehicle!  He loves his new bike and now all the boys race each other around the neighborhood!




The other big mind blowing experience in the last few days was related to Amanda.  She and a friend signed their first lease on an apartment!  Now...Amanda has lived on her own over the last couple of years but this was the first time HER NAME was on a lease.  Very proud of her!  She was so excited!  We were able to help her and her friends move things over to the new place.  I was glad we were a part of this big event in her life!

It is a cute apartment and just the right size.  They need a few items to make it complete but they have a good start.  We were able to supply a bedroom set and other items for the place...they really need another small bed and some living room furniture...sofa and coffee table.  And, the big wish item is a washer and dryer as they have the hook ups in their pantry.  I am sure they will be creative and make it happen!
Great moving buddies!

I went away a proud Momma but with a little sentimental twinge in my gut.  I cannot believe how quickly they leave the nest!  God bless them and help me to hold the little ones while I can as they will be gone soon and I will just have the memories!  It makes me want to keep this blog up-to-date even more!  So b looking for even more posts in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment