Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Look Who I Found!

I grew up with six brothers and I love them all so much!  They all have their different personalities and quirks...don't we all?  For the most part I can keep track of their whereabouts and activities...HOWEVER, there is one brother who always finds a way to surprise me.

This last weekend we decided to head out for an adventure.  We went to church and then took a drive to Fredericksburg.  We explored the Wildseed Farm...drifting through the various paths of plants for sale and the gardens.  It was amazing to see the fields of flowers grown to produce seeds!  The gardens were so beautiful with shade to beat the summer heat.  We especially enjoyed the butterfly gardens and frog pond!  We also enjoyed a simple lunch in their cafe.

Then we went further into town to find the local hardware store to pick up some supplies to fix our closet.  This particular store also carries a line of furniture, which we love to buy.  The children were climbing all over the furniture and I was constantly trying to herd them out of the store.  At one point, I noticed a woman watching the scene before her and smiling.  As I walked past, I joked that the furniture must be durable to withstand my children.  We both had a chuckle and went on our way!

We made our way out of the store with our purchases.  Michael had to go back in to take care of a last minute item so we were waiting in the van outside of the store.   Then he comes running out shouting, "Michelle Reynolds...get out of the van and get in here...now!"   I was a little taken aback but this urgency but he repeated the directive so I got out and walked into the store.

AND THERE HE WAS...my brother, Damian...I was in shock!

You have to understand...I had not seen him in almost 5 years...He lives outside of Houston and works in the medical field...he was once a traveling nurse and then settled into a job there.  I have talked to him from time to time but he likes to live care-free and not much on plans...I love him for his free-spirit...and his creative mind!  BUT...it is hard to find him at times...I have children he has not even met!  LOL!

How did we end up in the same hardware store on the same weekend?  It was just one of those coincidences that I love to talk about on this blog!  It was an amazing surprise!

Also...there was a woman standing next to him who looked familiar!  I said, "What!?  I was just talking to you!  This is wrong!  We were talking to each other and we did not even realize who the other one was...that is just so wrong!!!"

By this time, customers and store clerks were watching us...we were some kind of event for this small store!  I told Damian that we had to get a picture together as we might not see each other again in a while.  We had a nice lady volunteer so we could all be in the picture.

Oh...and the truth is we MIGHT get a second opportunity to see him...as he has promised to visit our mom next weekend!  YAY!!!  Twice in a week....I hope we can make it happen!





No comments:

Post a Comment