Total Pageviews

Monday, May 19, 2014

Sneaking in a Vacation

In spite of trips to the ER and vehicle accidents (all involved are no worse for the wear!)...We are trying to head off on a vacation before the summer rush of travelers.

This particular trip has been in the works for a LONG time!  We are taking a 3000 mile road trip that will take us through ELEVEN states.  We will be visiting the historic spots of our family history for both sides of my family and Michael's family.  It is probably the most awesome end of year trip EVER!!!

So the last week has been a frenzy of motion for our family as we prepare.  I almost titled this post "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" because it is going to be one of those kind of trips.

Our family will be driving our 15-passenger van with the Reynolds crew.  Then my mom is going to fly to Rapid City, South Dakota to meet us.  She has not been back to Nebraska since she left home at 18 years old!  And then our cousin and aunt are meeting us in West Texas toward the end of our trip to look up some family history.

So with that intro to our vacation, I just wanted to add a little back story before we head out tomorrow.  One of the things my family does not fully understand about my vacation planning.  I like to leave a CLEAN HOUSE behind!  Call me crazy...I am sure many think I have enough to do just getting all eight of us out the door for a long road trip.  But I think it is a good idea to leave a clean house so when I get home exhaust from the miles, I can enjoy falling into a fresh made bed!  I do not have to worry that we are going to trip over the normal strewn out toys and shoes...I can breath fresh air that is not full of dust and I can appreciate my home a little more with it spotless upon our return.  BESIDES...what better motivation to get the job done than the knowledge that once it is done we are out of here!!!!  WOO HOO!!!

So....here is a little tip from this busy mom....one of the best times to come visit our family is right after a vacation.  You are guaranteed a clean spot to sit on our couch...fresh food in the fridge (as we always make a trip to the grocery store as we are pulling back into town!) and a lot to talk about from our adventures.

OF COURSE...there is one drawback to the visit...you will have to sit through the VERY LONG slide show of pictures from our adventure also...I know I will probably have more pictures than even we can view by the time we are all done!

AND...as much as I would love to post along the way...I think I am going to leave the electronics at home this time.  I will take notes along the way and try to give some of the highlights as I can.  Another adventure that we would love to share with you!

God bless!  See you on the other side of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment