Total Pageviews

Monday, February 24, 2014

Prayers Needed

It seems like I have been writing a lot of blog posts this year for family and friends who need prayers.  This trend continues as I ask for another round of prayers of healing.

This last week I have been told about several family and friends who are sick and in the hospital.  Here is the list of them all and I ask that you pray for them and the doctors who are helping them, as well as the family members closest to them.

A dear friend from our 4H days has been in the hospital for over a week and will continue to heal for at least another week.  Joseph started out with the flu and after being admitted to the hospital also found himself with an infection that ran down his leg and into foot.  He was taken to a larger hospital and seems to be doing better.  Please pray for him to have a speedy recovery so he can tell more jokes and give witty remarks in response to his family and friends!

Also, please pray for a young man who is always in our continued thoughts and prayers.  He is heavily addicted to drugs and is hurting himself and family members.  I will not divulge his name but God knows him and his needs.  Also pray for his family who struggle so much with worry and not knowing what to do to help him.  This week he was admitted into the hospital in another state due to withdrawal symptoms.  We pray that this will be the turn around that is needed in his life.

Just after we returned from East Texas, we received a letter from one of the Sisters at the Monastery letting us know about our friend Lyn.  She was in the hospital due to an illness that might possibly be her end to this world.  Frantic with worry...and shame for not listening to the quiet whispers of the Holy Spirit earlier in the week to call her...I began my hunt for someone who knew more details.  After many calls, I decided to make my way back to East Texas.  I was able to visit Lyn and found out that she most likely fell sometime in the last two weeks causing severe internal bleeding.  The doctors even suspect she had a stroke.  She is now in a rehab and struggling.  I am so glad I was able to visit her when she is still aware of her surroundings.  I pray for God's will in her life and that she will be healed physically and spiritually.  She is a strong Christian and has said many times that she is prepared to meet the Lord in the next phase of life.  May she stay strong in her faith to the end as she is truly a good and faithful servant!

At this same time, another friend emailed that her mother was also admitted into the hospital for a head injury.  She was able to have surgery to relieve the pressure on her brain.  Helen is doing better but will need to remain in the hospital to heal.  She is a strong woman and I know she will fight this battle with courage.  Please pray that she gains her strength back soon.

Then, I got the call from my brother's wife...Nathan is now in the hospital due to congestive heart failure!  He is going thorough many tests to determine the next step in his recovery.  We do not have a lot of details but just pray that the right doctors are at his disposal to help find the best solution for recovery!

Believe it or not...Nathan's niece was admitted to the SAME hospital because she fell of her horse and was stepped on.  I am not sure about the details but I am sure Stephanie could use the prayers as well.

And finally, I ask that you pray for my family...over the weekend we have now had four children come down with a virus...Amanda, Henry, Zaira, and Sean have been very sick.  The good news is that it does not last long...the bad news is that it comes out of no where and is quite violent in nature!  It seems to travel through the family every two days so we are not through this battle yet!  We could use the prayers to keep the nasty germs away from the rest of us!

I continue to pray for all above and the many others who are suffering.  May God bless them all and any others I have forgotten or do not know about at this time!

1 comment:

  1. Praying, my friend! And Nathan probably doesn't remember me, but give him my best, anyway. :) {{hugs}} to you and the kids.

    ReplyDelete