Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Life can be Crazy...

We seem to enjoy perfecting those crazy moments!

I know I said I was going to just send out a message once a week for a while but yesterday proved to crazy to wait until Sunday!  So here is another one of our crazy adventures that I thought you might like to read:

The plan for yesterday at the house was to run errands around town...actually two towns in either direction from the house.  Amanda and Sean helped me so much that we were able to accomplish even more than we had on our to do list!  Thankfully we managed to do most of one town's errands while Zaira slept...we even made it to the next town as she gently cooed while waking up from her nap.  Maybe she heard that we were going through the drive-thru at one of our favorite spots...or most likely grace from God!

We were able to:

  • Drop off Prolife signs with another local coordinator
  • Donate more baby items with the local pregnancy help center
  • Drop off dry cleaning
  • Get my contacts added to my smart phone
  • Go to the bank
  • Visit the community college (will need to return later this week for that errand)
  • Update a game for Amanda at the local gaming store
  • Drop off garage sale donations at the church

While at the church I spoke to the priest and he said he would pray for us...and then he introduced me to a young wife/mother who was new to the area...happened to be that her husband is the new Marines coordinator.  She had the most precious baby girl and I just had to hug her and kiss her!  Then gave my standard advice to newbies to the military...Never forget to make time for prayer with your spouse...even if they are across the world...find a way to pray together even if it means choosing a time when you know you are both praying at the same time...it saved our marriage and our sanity...placing our trust in God was the only way and still is how we make it work today!

We got all of that done in less than two hours...but we were not done with our day.  We continued on to the next town in order to:

  • Try to fix a lock at the locksmith
  • Grab that bite to eat!
  • Shop at the local discount store
  • Wait at the library for the librarian who had prizes for children (Sean won the grand prize...Henry won a drawing...and our family won the prize for the scavenger hunt!  How awesome is that?!)
  • Final stop at the grocery store for the few items needed for dinners this week.
  • Then home again to complete the store run by unloading it all...just in time to make dinner!

It was a full day and we were glad for a quiet evening at home.  It really was nice to have gotten so much done even though it meant a lot of running on our part.  Once I slowed down enough to sit and rest, I realized that I should be hearing from Michael soon...he was due in from his whirlwind trip to Maryland.  And sure enough...the phone rang...but to my surprise...Michael asked if I had heard the news!

You know there is always that thought in the back of my mind when Michael travels that it is dangerous to fly or drive or anything that might happen in between.  I guess it is just one of those things women do...worry about their family.  This time was no different...I thought as he left for this short trip that he needed protection and I prayed for him as I always do...but then you just get used to it and you start to wonder why you worry so much.  Then the unexpected happens...and you hear..."Did you hear the news?"  It really takes your breath away!  Thankfully Michael and the other passengers are OK...thankfully the man who had the desire to take his own life...did not succeed...praise God Michael eventually made it back to my mom's house!

Life can be crazy....but we trust in God and we are reminded how precious life can be...it makes my list of errands seem so small in comparison.  And it makes me love my family...my husband and children that much more...and I know that God was looking out for us once again!


No comments:

Post a Comment