Total Pageviews

Monday, August 19, 2013

Imagine!

It seems so strange to not have all the children hear...the house is quieter (although Zaira tries to make up for the lack of boys with her chatter!).  There is definitely less mess.  But I really miss them and will be glad to have all of the house in order and back to my mom's (God bless her for taking care of them!) so we can start school in just two weeks.  Of course the ultimate goal still remains...to sell this house so we can all be back together.

Here are last week's highlights:

Monday:  We ran errands...trying to get everything back in order...we went around the house making  a list of all the immediate concerns that needed to be completed.  We really tried to make the list as complete as possible so we could have a to do list that was do-able.  Then we started the tasks...a little each day throughout the rest of the week.  The house was shown once today...it happened to be two hours before Sean was due to interview for the 4-H award...this meant we had to get him ready early and find a cool place to sit while we waited for his interview time.

Michael started his new job...mainly orientation but it was a good day....looking forward to this all connecting so we can really benefit from this new opportunity.  I just remind myself that all happens in God's timing...Lord, please grant me patience!


Tuesday:  I spent most of the day on the phone with my phone company and Apple...it was finally agreed that it was NOT user error and a new phone was sent to me.  It took almost five hours to come to this decision, but all was taken care of and I was supposed to have a new phone within 24 hours.  We also met up with Christina today so the girls could get their photo at the butterfly bench together...I was so clever and got Zaira dressed up also and got a cute picture of her surrounded by her favorite stuffed creations.

Wednesday:  The house was shown twice...both times at meal time...it is annoying but how can I complain the house is being shown and that is always good.  We managed to run out of the house without eating both times, but we will be better prepared for the rest of the week.  We also met up with Christina and Shane...we were so sad that this could be the last time we see her in a while...we kind of got attached to her!

We also managed to get some painting done in the evening.  I hope I never see a paint brush again...I really do not like doing this...would much rather tile any day!  But it is something I can do so I got it done!  YAY!

Thursday:
We worked around the yard today...we really have so much more to do but we were proud of what was accomplished.  My mom and Michael say I am working too hard but it is all about first impressions and I know that if I am noticing it that the potential buyers will see it also.  I was especially proud of the side yard going up the main entrance (that just so happens to be the kitchen door) We added white rick and pretty red, white and blue flowers to the tub seen in the picture, but the dogs had them destroyed after a couple of days so I have decided that my choices are to either rid myself of the dogs (in a terrible horrific accident...just teasing....really!) or not planting it again.  So being the kind person that I am...I decided it will be an empty pot full of dirt for the next owner to fill.

Sean also enjoyed a nice afternoon at the pool with his friend and then we met up to go to Mass at the college for the feast of the Assumption.  I am always so happy to be in worship with the college students...they are so on fire for the Lord.  It reminds me that we should always be ready to do God's will and I really needed that pick me up this week!

Friday:  We woke up in a leisurely mood...then realized it was our week to serve the veterans.  We arrived just in time to make the sandwiches.  We were told it would be a slow day and we could leave by 11am...we ended up staying until noon as a nice elderly man was reminiscing about Germany as a chaplain which bot hare so dear to my heart.  We also had a friend stop by to have a cup of coffee and talk.  We were supposed to be doing this at my house but she remembered my schedule and came over without a thought.  It is good to have friends who know you so well!

We left just in time to run a couple of errands (like drop off some baby supplies at the pregnancy help center along with a nice hefty check from the book sale we had earlier this month...YAY!)  Then we got home to find Christina wanted to see us one more time before her big trip away from us!  So nice to give her one more hug and tell her that she was always welcome in our home.

Then I found out what I have known for a long time...The comics continue to to duplicate our lives...Baby Blues seems to be the best at looking at our lives (there must be a hidden camera somewhere!)...this time the children even got sick at the same time!  And that is what I learned about the fun taking place at my mom's house.  Brendan especially is not getting better...and now my Mom is sick also.  Praying they get well soon.  Michael is definitely getting a dose of what I have been doing for the last few years.  It just makes us pray even harder for the house to sell and get back together.

Saturday:  We cleaned out about a third of the garage...I worried the realtor would call to show the house but it was all OK.  We now have a van full of items to take to a local church that is having a garage sale...so glad it is going to a good cause.  We were exhausted and still have much to do...but again it is happening and I really hope the cool weather continues so we can get the job done next week.

Sunday:  Mass was celebrated in memory of our dear Aunt Dorothy.  Sean served at the altar by himself...and the theme was about Jesus not accepting peace when there was injustice in the world...I thought this was quite fitting for Michael's aunt...she lived her life fighting the injustices of this world.  May God bless her soul in heaven!

Today was the time at the airport for Christina and Michael...both going to the opposite ends of the earth (well at least our country) and arrived close to the same time.  SO glad they are both safe...and especially glad that this trip closed the door for Michael for his past job ...it served us well but this will hopefully end his deployments to Afghanistan.

SO that was our week...obviously, I have already started into the next week....but I am hoping we can slow down a little this week.  I will probably give updates like this for the next few weeks.  It gives me a chance to digest all that is happening without a lot of effort.  Please continue to pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment