Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Although most surround themselves with green on this day, I found myself in the middle of the rainbow!  How fitting as I think I have found my new pot of gold on earth...QUILTING!  I just love it!  I am now motivated to finish the quilt I started for Sean months ago!

Since we had completed all the memorial quilts, I decided to sort through all the material we had and had it divided into all the colors of the rainbow.  It turned out that we had almost 100 yards of material in order to complete the different quilts.  I really had no idea we had that much, but now I have a lot of material to make MORE quilts.

We actually started our day with Mass....almost the whole family participated in assisting with worship today.  Sean and Edward altar served.  Michael and I were lectors....and Zaira decided to share her singing voice through the Mass...well at least until she fell asleep.

We also had a guest priest from our local monastery celebrate Mass.  He spoke to us about the greatest of graces as forgiveness.  This related to the readings of the day...Isaiah 43:16-21... Philippians 3:8-14...and John 8:1-11...as the may focus of the day is to seek forgiveness...Paul speaks of this as the desired goal in order to possess Christ's promise of eternal life....and Jesus shows mercy to even the worst of sinners.

Fr. Paul's message was much the same as Pope Francis gave today (surprise sursprise!)...:"saying the core message of God is "that of mercy." He said God has an unfathomable capacity to pardon, and noted that people are often harder on each other than God is towards sinners."

Another good day...I end now as Amanda is telling me a brief version of her novel she is creating!  So much fun...hearing  her talk about fantasy world of characters that take on animal or plant forms.  Maybe you will read her story one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment