Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Birthday? What's That?

I had a wonderful birthday and I am so thankful that it was just a normal day with simple surprises.

Michael and the children woke up early (a miracle?) and made me breakfast.  I stayed in bed in spite of the bangs and hollers...it is so fun to listen to them do what comes naturally for me and I do for them every day!  At one point one of the younger ones peeped in and hollered, "Yeah!  She's still asleep!"  I did have a wonderful breakfast and they even let me enjoy it in peace.



The only real gift I wanted was to enjoy the day with my family.  We spent the day geocaching...taking off from school.  I would like to say they let me make all the finds but they are too competitive for that to happen!  I don't mind...knowing they love my hobby as much as I do is reward enough!



We had the joy of going to Sonic for lunch...waited until happy hour to enjoy all the joys of drinks and snacks for half price!  They even had burgers on sale all day!

Then Michael came home from school and he and the children made me a nice dinner at home.  It was such a late dinner I did not mind that we waited until the next day to have my birthday dessert!

Over the weekend, Michael had time to work on my birthday gift...he has so little time to do anything during the week!  He made me a new cross wall to continue my collection.  It is not very full now but I know it will not take long before I will need another one.

A great day of little gifts of drawings, LEGO creations and other art work as well.  And a kind note from my mom, as well as a card from my dear Aunt Peggie!












No comments:

Post a Comment