Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 25, 2015

She's here!

12 June 2015

It all began with a rough night for Christina.  She was vomiting and feverish through the night and there was no sign up it letting up.  She was awake when it was time to take Shane to the boat.  Instead of coming home she decide to go in to see her midwife.  The medical staff was concerned so they decided to have her monitored all morning.



At noon it was finally decided to have her admitted and induce labor.  Shane and I scrambled to get things set at home and at the boat so we could be with her.  Just as I was about to leave for the hospital, Christina called to ask me to run a few errands before making my way to her...there was no hurry.

When I finally arrived at the hospital, the medicine to induce labor was being given to her.  We were all ready to meet Madison.  Yet we waited....and waited.


As the nurse told us...three hours into the "labor"...we were having too much fun.   SO...they bumped up the meds...then their friend Neil arrived to be a part of the fun.  We played a card game...letting Christina "win" jut because it was fun and everyone knows not to mess with a laboring momma.  Then Neil got curious about the medical equipment in the room.  His curiosity about one tool was so strong that he called the nurse in to ask her its use.  THEN the fun really began....it was sensor that moved the lights around the room to focus on the spot needed for surgical procedures..and the nurse agreed to let him play.  I think we all were having too much fun at that point...so the nurse decided to bump up the meds again!

Neil left and the labor pains became more intense.  Christina and Shane enjoyed a warm bath to help with the pains but there was no progress.  So then there was talk of breaking her water.  After much discussion between midwife and nurses...they told us to rest and wait.  So...I went home (5 minutes away) to be with the children and give Lexy a night's rest as well.  (Did I ever mention that this dear was 8 months pregnant and helping us with my children?  She is amazing!)

This was around ten at night and all went to sleep in their various places...but around two in the morning...I woke up and knew I had to go back to the hospital.  It just seemed like one of those moments in Madeleine...In the middle of the night, Miss Clavel turned on her light and said, "Something is not right."  I left a way for Edward to contact me and made sure all were definitely asleep and went back to see what was happening.  Sure enough...I arrived as the waters were being broken.  

Now things would progress...right?  NO!  We still waited and even though the pains increased there was still no progress.  Then the decision was made to give her an epidural.  By lunch time, I went back to the house...Lexy had returned at some time in the morning and all were doing well.  I picked lunch for Shane and I.  Lunch was not really enjoyed as we knew Christina could not eat but she was sleeping for the most part.
Just when we were all settled in place...we were told the time had come...if Christina felt like pushing they wanted her to try.  They actually woke Christina and Shane so it was kind of a slow transition but once she started...nothing was going to stop baby from coming.  I do not think I have ever seen a baby pushed out so quickly.  Well...actually I had never watched a baby born other than my own.  A very different experience...truly amazing!  I was very blessed to be a part of this event in their lives.

SO...baby Madison Rose arrived on June 12, 2015 at 1:57 pm.  She was 6 lbs 7 oz and 20.5 inches long.  I can tell you that I cried tears of joy to see her.  She is beautiful and so alert.  She is ready to take in everything....just a beautiful gift from God.






No comments:

Post a Comment