Total Pageviews

Friday, September 12, 2014

Fall Flowers at the Park

Today...I did something I rarely get a chance to do...I went on an adventure by MYSELF!  That's right, I left the children with Michael and headed out early this morning.

Now, a lot of moms would run out and have a shopping spree or find a quiet place to enjoy an over priced coffee and a treat.  Not me!  I took a drive out to our local state park to enjoy a wild flower talk!

I had such a great time!  My only disappointment...I forgot to charge my camera batteries and had to resort to my phone camera half way through my adventure!  However, that did not stop me from enjoying the morning!  I had a great time as I went around with Ranger Craig and a group of nature lovers like myself!

Here are a few of my favorite flowers from A to Z:

Antelope Horn


Clammy weed with solitary bee

Blazing Star (gayfeather)

Drummond Petunia

Frogfruit
Golden Dalia

We pray that it will rain so this little Rain Lily will fully bloom!

Mullen

Passion flower (yellow bracted)

For an added bonus, we were able to see a pipe vine caterpillar as well as a flutter of pipe vine butterflies!  Even though we did not see the flowers they love to eat, we saw the results of their feasting!
Look closely to see it dangle from the plant
Female and male butterflies looking for a yummy meal among the flowers!



Queen's Delight


Rattlebox


Sida
Snow on the Mountains


Texas Bindweed

Verbena


White Milkwort


Zexmenia





















The programs at the Guadalupe River State Park have been awesome!  Many of you know that we down-sized when it came to the land portion of our home when we moved to the "city."  To be able to attend these programs, it is like having our big back yard again!  It is such a great feeling to know that we can spread our wings just like those beautiful butterflies!  I hope you do not get tired of hearing about our outdoor adventures because there are going to be many more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment