Total Pageviews

Friday, September 13, 2013

On the River Walk

I went to pick up the boys last weekend.  We enjoyed a leisurely weekend with my mom.  We looked around at more homes in the area, and then surprised the children with an overnight stay near the River Walk.

After looking at several model homes in the area (We thought we should at least see if a new home was a good option for us.)  Amanda and Katy were dropped off at Six Flags to use the tickets they had purchased earlier in the month.  They had a great time together and it was not busy so they had time to ride many of the rides.  I think it was a good bonding time for their friendship.

We stayed in a hotel CLOSE to the River Walk....not the ideal but good enough for this trip to be special.  We were able to walk to the sites without too much trouble...although we did have to walk a little further than the three blocks that the hotel boasted which caused some frustration and fussing.  We survived the ordeal...maybe we need to exercise more in the future...LOL!  And, I promised the children we would come back during the cooler months so it would be more appealing to take a leisurely walk through the area.

We  opted to start the River Walk experience with the boat ride to hear the history of the area.  The children really enjoyed this experience.  It was nice to be reminded of how special this place was in my own memories.  I really do love San Antonio!  I look forward to living near all these great places with our children.

We have been praying a special novena to St. Joseph to ask for his intercession in the selling of our house.  While we were taking our tour around the River, we were reminded of the St. Joseph church downtown.  We decided to try to go inside to pray our prayers for the night.  Unfortunately, the doors were locked, so we stood in front of this historic church and were a great witness to family prayer.  Too bad we missed the fest they had for Labor Day at the church...we saw the remains they were cleaning up as we left the area.  (NOTE:  St. Joseph is the patron saint for laborers!)

The next morning, we walked to the Alamo with the crew.  Most of the boys were either too young or not born the last time we made this trip; furthermore, Katy had never been to the Alamo.  So, thankfully we had our own private tour guide!  Michael did a great job of sharing his knowledge of the battle...the events leading up to the fight and beyond...He did so well explaining that we had other visitors join us!  We had a great time, but we were limited since we needed to head back home.

Just as we were walking out of the Alamo, I noticed there were A LOT of moms with babies gathering in the area.  Then I noticed signs in their hands...we were in the middle of a sit-in!  I asked one of the ladies what they were doing and I was told it was a Pro-birth rally.  She looked at me and said...you are dressed in blue...you would fit right in with the group.  I told her I wore blue almost all the time now, but I happened to have my Pro-life shirts in the car...you have to be prepared at all times!   LOL!  However, we really did need to leave so I wished her well and we headed back to the hotel to check out.

BUT...we had one more stop to make in what I now will think back on as our St. Joseph tour of San Antonio...

We made a quick stop at San Jose mission to complete our nine days of prayer begging St. Joseph to intercede for us before God...our Lord and Savior...in the selling of our house...the buying of a new one..the success of Michael's new job...my sanity (the children add that one each time!)...and the patience for all of us as we wait for this to transpire.  May God hear our prayers!!!  AMEN!!!!

It was a lovely time at San Jose...especially since our last trip here happened to be just the day before it would be re-opened after a major renovation.  I was so excited to see the inside of the little church as it would have been in its glory days.  It truly was beautiful!  A fitting place for our last day of prayer together.  I know you do not have to be in a beautiful place to pray but it sure does set a mood that my unimaginative mind needs and it helped the children to  be more focused as well.

We then drove back to my mom and gathered our things and the dog so we could head back home.  Many things still to do and packing to start.  Mainly, we needed to get Amanda and Katy back for jobs and 'boyfriend.'  I considered letting the girls take Michael's car and go back alone and spend another week with my mom, but at the last minute decided we really needed to get back.  I will say that God must have been nudging me in this direction because had I known the drama that would follow upon our return, I am not sure I would have gone home.  However, God knows better than I and going home was the right choice.  There were issues that I can not discuss on this blog but needed to be taken care of with my assistance.  God is good and I know He helped us through these issues.  One thing I have learned over the years...life does not stop because of a move...drama comes in all forms...what is a small matter in our minds might be HUGE to another.  I am so glad gave me that wisdom in the days (really hours) after our return from San Antonio.

I now look forward to having Michael back at the house here in just a couple of days.  He is coming to help me complete some cosmetic items that I hope will cost us a little but have a big impact.  I hope to blog about those next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment